Wikov Flexible pin vs. conventional arrangement.
Gearboxes are not perfect and the radial and angular misalignments can be caused by:
- machining tolerances
- bearing clearances
- deflections from rotor loads
- dynamic effects
The benefits of the flexible pin solution are the following:
- Radial misalignments can’t be compensated by floating members
- Misalignments will be corrected by deflections in the structure.
- Radial deflections can be compensated by floating member
- Floating member will tilt and will try to tilt the planets.